- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Bragg liquid aminos
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- Garnishes - lettuce, onion, tomato, etc.
- Brown spicy mustard or yellow mustard
- Get the grill started (or cook in a skillet on the stovetop).
- Mix ground beef and Bragg liquid aminos in a large bowl.
- Make patties - not too thick for even cooking!
- Grill the patties - while they cook, score the inside of the mushrooms so they easily clean out.
- Place them face down (so they look like a hat).
- Grill for about 5 minutes without flipping over.
- Place patties, condiments, and garnishes all inside the mushroom “buns” to make your burger.
Tip: Serve with rutabaga, jicama or turnip fries!