Signs of a Weak Immune System (and How to Make it Stronger)
Feeling a little under-the-weather…like, all the time? We all catch a bug here and there, but there are a few telltale signs that your immune system is not quite functioning up to par. According to Penn Medicine, signs to look for include:
- Consistently high stress levels
- Constantly catching a cold
- Frequent diarrhea, gas, or constipation
- Slow-healing wounds
- Frequent infections
- Rock-bottom energy levels
If the list above strikes a chord, it may be time to consider what could be causing a weakened immune system! Lots of things come into play, but some common contributors include medications or treatments, medical conditions or diseases, or even something as simple as poor nutrition. While some causes may require a consultation with your doctor, there are many ways you can help your body stay healthy, even if it seems like everyone around is sniffling in your direction!
Here are a few ways to stay healthy that are still in your control!
- Practice good hygiene – Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer whenever necessary. Be particularly diligent before and after mealtimes and when you’ve been out and about, possibly around others who may have a bug.
- Move your body – Exercise is great, but movement is a MUST. Even if you aren’t breaking a sweat, make an effort to stretch your limbs and work your muscles even if it’s only for a few minutes each day. Plus, varying levels of exercise can release endorphins into your body, which help with overall mood.
- Manage your stress – Working out and still super stressed? Try some other options that could have a positive compound effect. Breathing exercises, journaling, and healthy communication with others in your life are all encouraged!
- Make healthy food choices – You have control over what, when, and why you eat the things you do. Sure, it’s tempting to indulge here and there, but practicing healthy eating habits the majority of the time can greatly impact your overall health. In fact, there are plenty of whole foods that can be added to your diet to help improve your immune system!
We all make hundreds of choices every single day. Why not choose to do the things that are most likely to keep you and your loved ones healthy and happy? Need a little push in the right direction? Contact us to get connected with a Moxifit Coach who can guide you through your health journey today!